Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Renovation










This is what our kitchen looked like when we bought it in 2007. We didn't really understand what we were in for! Greg has said a few times now that we should have bought a house that we didn't have to "work on". And a lot of work has been done!



This is a different angle of the kitchen after the "first reno". We took out all of the countertops, old appliances and changed the layout without taking out the cabinets.

Good thing our kids take random pics with our phones bc I didn't get very good before pics so I will resort to a fuzzy pic with Greg doing his fav passtime in the background. Notice the wall to the left and the terrible church ceiling with swamp cooler vent. The table was a cute nook bench that I made by screwing 2 long sides of 2 separate nook benches together and then having a top made that was twice the size of the original top and fit right on top of the table.
This is a fuzzy pic of the living room. When we bought it it was carpeted with white paneling. I love the paneling and thought of ways to keep it, but in the end we went with drywall with some beadboard.
This was the corner where the table was.....I ripped those babies out myself and tried to sell them, they were destroyed so I took them off KSL. I saved a couple hundy doing it myself!
The upstairs bathroom wasn't even a shower so we had to do some plumbing and we tiled walls and floor. Then for the second reno we had to do a lot of plumbing. We moved the toilet over to where the sink was and as I was demolishing the built in drawers I found a pipe! So Drew rerouted that dumb pipe and we were able to have a sink with counter space. Good thing I found a deal on KSL for a 42" sink, granite counter and cabinet for $100 NEW!


So here are the wonderful AFTER pics!






Darren was the construction GENIUS on this. If you notice the peak of the ceiling it gives the room such a large sense of space. Darren built each truss one by one while the roof to our old living room was still in place. The beam that was in between the kitchen and living room he raised it and made the transition seamless. He was amazing, he took such pride in his work I felt like he was working on his own house.

I'm thinking of adding a large clock, mirrors and art work.

Oh how I loved dreaming, planning and working on this space! Greg teases me and asks what I'm going to do now? I have more projects don't worry.............











6 comments:

  1. LOVE the kitchen! Do you shop at Ikea, by chance? : ) I posted the view of your sink to my pinterest. You did a great job, Sunny. I only wish the pics were full size. But at least I can click each one to see a close up.

    We just moved to Aiken SC, and have a 50 year old kitchen... I've got a remodeling blog, if you want an invite, let me know. Remodeling is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyn, I love Ikea of course! That sink was perfect, perfectly priced farmhouse that went all the way to the wall (saves granite and that nasty line they cut). How do I make pics full size? I have so much to learn....Send me an invite I want to see the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made them bigger why are they blurry?? I took the pics with my Nikon 80 megapixels something something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why some are blurry! When I clicked on each one, they weren't blurry. The cameraphone pics are probably low res. I'll send the invite to your hotmail. If you have a different address, just message it to me on facebook.

    You'll enjoy the ugliness of the kitchen. It'll be awhile before we remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get those attached barstools? That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete